Deputation of Experts
The deputation of expert from one member country to another is one of the important activities of this Organization. Under this programme, services of the expert are provided to the member countries on specific request from the concerned country in the field of agriculture and rural development. To facilitate this process, AARDO Secretariat utilizes the services of experts who have been working in the specialized institutions in the member countries.
Deputation of Expert from India to Mauritius
During December 2015, the Ministry of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives (Cooperatives Division) of the Government of Mauritius has submitted revised proposal through National Development Unit (NDU), Prime Minister’s Office, Government of Mauritius to AARDO to depute expert(s) on “Restructuring and Consolidation of Dairy Sector in Mauritius” for a period of two months.
Accordingly, AARDO had approached relevant Institutions and experts in connection with the deputation of expert/consultant to assist Mauritius in the field. The consultancy services would be required to carry out a study of the cooperative sector in Mauritius to make recommendations for the restructuring & consolidation of the sector; and to provide necessary technical assistance. The expert would be required to assist in the following specific areas:
- to review the actual cooperative dairy sector in Mauritius (farming and husbandry practices, collection of milk, marketing of milk, processing of milk, value- added processes, distribution mechanism, management structure);
- to identify the short-term and long-term prospects of the sector;
- to make recommendations for the restructuring and consolidation of the sector;
- to conceptualize and formulate projects aiming at the development of the sector taking into consideration interalia, the farming and husbandry practices, collection of milk, marketing of milk, processing of milk, value-added processes, packaging, distribution mechanism, possibility of setting up common cooperative and dairy farms;
- to assist in seeking of technical and financial assistance for the implementation of projects; and
- to provide necessary training (if required) to the cooperative cow breeders and personnel.
In response, four CV’s of the experts were received during March 2016 by the AARDO Secretariat for the assignment. Accordingly, all the CV’s have been forwarded for the consideration of the Ministry of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives (Cooperatives Division) of the Government of Mauritius and further necessary actions, etc.
Deputation of Expert from Egypt to Sri Lanka
On the request of Government of Sri Lanka, three experts from Egypt were deputed by AARDO to conduct International Training Programme on “Improved Technologies for Production Enhancement of Fruit Crops and Saline Affected Paddy in Sri Lanka, during 23-26 March 2016.